Musically tuned rhymes for children are of paramount importance in an informal and playful way for several reasons. They help in in language development, memory enhancement, stimulates social skills, and creativity and imagination.
Music and rhymes can be a safe outlet for children, to express their emotions and feelings in a fun and non-threatening way.
In essence, musically tuned rhymes provide a rich and enjoyable learning experience for children, encompassing linguistic, cognitive, social and emotional dimensions.
Music can boost students mood and motivation making learning more fun. it helps with memory and retention, making it easier to remember those tricky facts.
Some tunes can improve focus and productivity. It encourages creativity, whether it’s through singing, dancing or playing instruments. So music isn’t just for jamming out; it’s a great learning tool too, and a spark for their artistic journey.
Music as a mood lifter for kids
- Happiness booster
- Expression outlet
- Building confidence
- Friendship builder
- Coping tool
- Creativity boost
- Social interaction
- Improved focus
- Emotional development
Music as a creative playground for students
- Song writing
- Instrument expression
- Imagination fuel
- Problem solving
- Artistic expression
Music learning can be a blast for kids
- Fun education
- Rhythm and math
- Language skills
- Boosted confidence
- Lifelong passion
Music, stress and kids
Music has a calming effect and can help reduce stress and anxiety in children. Provides a soothing backdrop that alleviate class-room related pressures. “A few engaging activities for students to really connect with the music they are learning”.
- While they listen to various pieces, discuss how music makes them feel.
- Express their feelings with each other.
- Discussion should centre around how ‘music unites us’ and about how awesome it is, every student is hearing the same piece, yet they are feeling different emotions.
Talk about music composers
- Expose them about the struggles faced by the composers and the adversity they have overcome.
- It helps students to connect with them in a new way.
- A new appreciation for the composers, makes their music more real.
- Music helps the brain sustain attention.
- Music can be used consistently not constantly.
- When the music in your classroom always serves a purpose, it becomes powerful and a reliable tool planned.
- Music can set the tone in a class room.
- Listening to music brings in positive changes in students mood.
- You can actually sing along with what you are listening and equally do well in math.
- Music can heal people in many difficult situations.
Introducing concepts through music
Whether one teach history, languages, arts, math or chemistry there are probably songs to enrich your curriculum.
- Youtube has a wealth of educational musical videos, which one can search by subject or grade level.
- Music provides inspiration and spurs creativity.
- Music helps create rapport and unity among students.
- Music improves empathy, fosters trust and co-operation, strengthen social interactions.
- It boosts oxytocin levels in the blood. So, less stress and less anxiety.
- Music offers so many benefits from structuring class time to curriculum enrichment to morale improvement.
Setting the tone in a classroom
Music isn’t just a tool for creating structure. It can also set the tone in your class room for example
- Use peppier music to invigorate students at the start of the day.
- Tranquil tunes to calm them when focussed attention is needed.
- Placid classical music or instrumental music can be used like white noise to block out sound from neighbours housing class room.
- Vasicek’ an award-winning teacher offers dozens of playlist suggestions filled with student-friendly songs. He breaks them down into categories of use, with helpful books to songs or albums. The best music during studying is to listen to minimalist, classical, piano and lo-fi music. Some out of the world take aways …………
- Music beams students into the lessons, sparking interest like a supernova.
- Tunes create memory wormholes, helping students remember facts and figures like interstellar travellers.
- Music encourages a harmonious vibe, reducing conflicts and promotes peaceful co-existence.
- Their creativity blooms like a field of fragrant jasmines when music accompanies their projects.
Music in the class room rocks!
It boosts the mood of these little ones, making it fun for learning. Students groove while studying increasing their focus. Creativity soars and stress hits the roads. With music in the class room, teaching becomes an interstellar adventure, where learning knows no boundaries.
The teacher isn’t just teaching, she’s rocking the class room with a musical magic that’s getting all into a musical phenomenon!!
# MUSICAL CLASSROOM
# MUSICAL BENEFITS